Over the past few weeks, we’ve received many questions from our patients and social media community about the impact of COVID-19 on their fertility treatment. Here, we answer your most common questions and hope to provide some insight.
- What is our availability and hours right now?
Answer: Our hours of operation are 8a.m. until 2p.m. until further notice. One staff member per day comes in and works with Dr. Simckes with answering phones, reviewing labs, calling in prescriptions, returning patient calls, planning out their treatments etc.
- What measures are we taking to keep our staff and patient’s safe?
Answer: In accordance with the ASRM COVID-19 guidance, we have suspended all non-essential visits, surgery, and initiation of new treatment cycles until further notice. If a patient is having a serious issue we will see her but we follow safety guidelines.
- When will the next IVF/FET cycle be?
Answer: We will no be able to proceed with the May 2020 cycle; however, we are going to plan for a June 2020 cycle. If things go as planned we will start seeing those June patients in the second or third week of May. But we will follow the guidelines and common sense. We know people are excited to get started. We do not have an idea cycle in August but we will have a cycle in is this year.
- Are my eggs and embryos going to be safe during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Answer: Your eggs and embryos are safely frozen in liquid nitrogen. They can not be hurt by the coronavirus. The tanks are checked regularly. We also have every tank wired with CRYO Alert system. The system constantly monitors nitrogen and temperature and would inform us if there was an issue 24/7.
- Will my husband, partner, or family members be allowed to attend my appointments with me?
Answer: For the safety of the patient’s and the staff, wewould prefer that only the patient undergoing treatment will be allowed to enter the office. We understand how supportive it is to have your partner with you and so exceptions can be made.
- What can I do to keep safe?
Answer: Of Course, follow the guidelines that you are hearing on the news. Stay home as much as possible. Do Social distancing, wear masks, gloves, handwashing, everything your hearing. This is real but it will get better.
- Am I at risk of contracting COVID-19 at my appointment?
Answer: Fertility Partnership is taking all possible precautions to protect our patients and staff, including:
- (Example) Having patients wait in their car in the parking lot until the treatment room is ready, we will call you when you can come up
- Checking patient temperature at the door prior to entering. Patients with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher are not allowed into the clinic
- Staff are wearing masks (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment
- Staff temperature is checked twice daily
- Frequent cleaning of hands before and after each patient and gloves are worn at all times.
- Physical distancing in the clinic
Thank you for your understanding, patience and support at this unfortunate time.
Visit our website at Fertilitypartnership.com and ask us questions. You can visit our Facebook page and send us messages through messenger. Amy our office manager can also be reached at Afischer@fertilitypartnership.com