Choosing the Best Fertility Clinic
Choosing to go to a fertility clinic just because the doctor has been on TV or ”world famous” is ridiculous. I understand that the fear of failure makes a person want to find something that might reassure them that it’s going to work,but fame is no guarantee of quality. A doctor who has published books or scientific papers does not necessarily have a successful fertility clinic. For ex ample, look how poorly university programs do in the CDC data bank (fertilitysuccessrates.com). You really need to look at other qualities of a clinic such as the success rates as published by the CDC (not the rates self reported on their own website!) and reviews on social media.
Some other important considerations might be:
• Proximity to a clinic – if there is only one clinic in your area and travel is not an option then you are locked in.
• You have been successful in the past with that clinic- it worked so why switch?
• Friends had a very good experience at a particular clinic-nothing like first hand testimonials.
• Your actual interview at the clinic went well and you felt comfortable there.
Remember that the most important, objective things to look at are:
• Social Media, the most accurate way to evaluate the potential experience. Clinics can’t just take down reviews.
• Perhaps the most important- you reviewed the clinics success rates published by the CDC and they were acceptable to you.
Why would you ever base your decision on a doctor’s ability to get him/herslf on TV? Isn’t it more important to know the doctor’s success rates? Don’t you think bedside manner is important? What is said about the doctor on social media? Is he nice to his patients?
Go to Fertilitysuccessrates.com and see where the clinic ranks. Go to Facebook or other social media outlets to learn about the doctor’s interactions with patients.IVF is a very expensive dart to throw at a balloon. Nobody can promise you success an if they do then they are being dishonest. You need to pick a clinic that has a high success rate and makes you feel cared for.
At Fertility Partnership we are proud of our success rates and the strong relationships we have with our patients. Visit our Facebook page and see for your self.